Membership will be made up of representatives from organizations involved in the practice, training, education and/or research of pediatric specialty and subspecialty medicine. Members must pay dues annually and are recognized in the following categories:
- Allied Pediatric Organizations
The following organizations are eligible to be Allied Pediatric Organization members to CoPS:
- Academic Pediatric Association (APA)
- American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP)
- American Board of Pediatrics (ABP)
- Association of Medical School Pediatric Department Chairs (AMSPDC)
- Association of Pediatric Program Directors (APPD)
- Council on Medical Student Education in Pediatrics (COMSEP)
Other organizations may become an Allied Pediatric Organization member by 2/3 vote of the Executive Committee. The dues categories for Allied Pediatric Organizations shall be set annually by the Executive Committee. Each Allied Pediatric Organization may have no more than two representatives and no more than one vote per Allied Pediatric Organization. No more than one person who represents an Allied Pediatric Organization may be a member of the Executive Committee.
- Specialty/Subspecialty Representation
Each specialty/subspecialty dues paying member organization will designate which subspecialty they represent. Each specialty/subspecialty may have multiple representatives. Dues are per representative. Each representative has one vote; however, no subspecialty may have more than 2 votes. No more than one subspecialty may be represented on the Executive Committee.
NOTE: one person may only represent one society/specialty at a time.