- Jones, MD, et al. Competencies, Outcomes, and Controversy—Linking Professional Activities to Competencies to Improve Resident Education and Practice. Acad Med. 2011;86:161–165.
- Ten Cate, O, et al. Medical competence: The interplay between individual ability and the health care environment. Med Teach. 2010; 32: 669–675.
- Ten Cate, O and Scheele, F. Competency-Based Postgraduate Training: Can We Bridge the Gap between Theory and Clinical Practice? Acad Med. 2007; 82:542–547.
- Ten Cate, O. Nuts and Bolts of Entrustable Professional Activities. Journal of Graduate Medical Education, March 2013, 157-158.
- Carraccio, C. and Burke, A. Beyond Competencies and Milestones: Adding Meaning Through Context. Journal of Graduate Medical Education, September 2010, 419-422.
- Ten Cate, O. Trust, competence, and the supervisor’s role in postgraduate training. BMJ 2006;333:748–51.
- Identifying Subspecialty EPAs: Carol Carraccio, MD, MA at CoPS May 5, 2013 (with ARS polling results).
- The Value of Competencies, Milestones, and Entrustable Professional Activities in Learner Assessment: Carol Carraccio, MD, MA.
- A Collaborative Approach to Identifying EPAs for Pediatric Subspecialties. Carol Carraccio, MD, MA.
- EPAs: Integrating Competencies & Milestones for Meaningful Assessment. Robert Englander, MD, MPH and Carol Carraccio, MD, MA.